The Higher Stakes of Post-COVID Risk Governance
This session will discuss the importance of strong governance in successfully and safely navigating today’s banking industry. This requires good alignment and transparency between the board, management, and the monitoring disciplines of the bank. Sufficient connection and alignment must be maintained across governance, strategy, risk management, operations, ethical culture, and performance to address today’s complexities and the reality of your bank’s risk landscape changing quickly and frequently:
- A speed of doing business that demands a new level of responsiveness;
- A pace of change that demands a new level of agility;
- Industry disruption that demands a new level of innovative thinking;
- New and more challenging risks that demand a new level of proactivity;
- Higher levels of pandemic-related stressors on banking organizations that demands strong, ethical cultures of integrity.