The Western Bankers Association Announces Incident Response Program to Bolster Cybersecurity for Member Banks
SACRAMENTO, CA, – The Western Bankers Association (WBA) today announced the availability of a new member benefit, the Incident Response Program (IRP) designed to help member banks prepare for and mitigate against cyber incidents. The IRP team consists of four cybersecurity functions and specialists: Peter Marchel of Marchel & Associates Risk Consulting, Sean Hoar of Lewis Brisbois (legal), Carl York of Clifton Larson Allen (technology) and Casey Boggs of ReputationUs (public relations/reputation).
“Preparing for and protecting against cyber incidents continues to be a top priority for bank executives and boards,” said Simone Lagomarsino, president and CEO of the WBA. “We are pleased to offer the IRP to our member banks to help prepare for such incidents and eliminate unwelcomed disruptions to a bank’s operations.”
Participating WBA member banks in the cybersecurity program will receive customized services and day-long training by the specialists and an implementable incident response plan, as well as:
- Cybersecurity insurance policy review and recommendations
- Legal consultation on incident response preparedness, including incident notification obligation analysis
- Technical incident detection, including information security incident tabletop testing
- Communication task force development, including a communication plan with internal and external response templates
- Post-incident priority response and support if an incident occurs
More information about the Incident Response Program is available here.