Essentials of Mortgage Lending
Re-versioned: August 2014
This course underscores the importance of compliance and shares the resources and best practices in use in the industry today. Students will learn about the basics in the life of the mortgage loan process, the production process and gain insight into secondary marketing, servicing and mortgage fraud. The course also introduces origination strategies, common loan products and essential considerations when underwriting loan risk. Throughout the course, industry experts share their knowledge and expertise with students by providing perspectives of the industry that have taken years to acquire.
Audience: Lending operations staff, including: QC personnel, Loan Originators, Underwriters, Processors.
Learning Objectives: After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define mortgage lending
- Identify the steps involved in mortgage production
- Describe the mortgage loan origination process
- List common mortgage loan products
- Analyze the underwriting process
- Examine the role of the secondary market
- Recognize servicing functions
- Explain relevant laws impacting mortgage loans
- Summarize the importance of internal controls and identification of red flags to reduce mortgage fraud
The Residential Lending course curriculum was developed by AllRegs®, your source for fast, reliable answers.