Description: Banking Today introduces new employees to the essential principles, concepts and operations of banking. This course explores the impact of banking on the economy, trends on how banks operate as a business, as well as developing trends in banking today. This course provides a “big picture” perspective of the financial services industry and banking.
Audience: Bank personnel new to the banking industry at all levels, specialists in non-banking functions such as marketing, information systems, and human resources.
Learning Objectives: After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe how banks organize to achieve their goals
- Describe the Federal Reserve’s organization and function
- Explain how banks operate as a business to make a profit
- Summarize important federal laws and regulations affecting bank operations and practices
- Examine the categories of bank products and services
- Describe bank challenges in the financial marketplace and trends likely to affect the future of banking