Re-versioned: August 2014
This course is designed to provide a basic education of appraisal procedures including defining the role of the appraiser and the valuation process. The course also examines the use of Automated Valuation Models (AVMs), the importance appraiser independence and recent mortgage fraud trends.
Audience: Lending operations staff, including: Loan Originators, Underwriters, Processors.
Learning Objectives: After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Recognize appraisal licensing and certification agencies
- Distinguish the role of the appraiser
- Identify appraiser qualifications
- Recognize the components of the valuation process
- Distinguish characteristics of automated valuation models (AVMs)
- Identify appraiser independence requirements
- Define fraud and identify its consequences
The Residential Lending course curriculum was developed by AllRegs®, your source for fast, reliable answers.