ABA Compliance Resources Now Available to WBA California Members
As part of our effort to strengthen our membership value proposition, we are exciting to announce a that the Western Bankers Association is partnering with the American Bankers Association to provide their exceptional compliance expertise to our California based member banks. This resource is available at no cost to your bank, and your bank does not have to be an ABA member.
Specifically, our partnership will allow eligible WBA member banks to access the following ABA compliance resources:
- ABA Compliance Hotline – The ABA provides a Compliance Hotline, accessible by phone and email, for members who have questions about federal banking regulations. ABA staffs this hotline with former compliance officers with CRCM-certifications who have the breadth and depth of knowledge to answer questions about new or existing consumer protection and BSA/AML regulations, including guidance on their application and recommendations on how to comply.
- Experts on Call – ABA also provides a companion resource called Experts on Call. The ABA has a database of staff experts that cover many facets of banking beyond consumer compliance, such as cybersecurity, regulatory accounting, fintech, payments, risk management, communications and other industry trends.
Together, these two resources create a great “1 – 2 punch” enabling us to provide our members with complete compliance support!
All other ABA member services including registration to access the ABA’s website, ebulletins, online forums, member discounts on all other products and training, participation in committees and working groups, access to staff analysis, and access to endorsed solutions will remain available only to those banks who maintain a membership with the ABA.
ABA Compliance Hotline: Staffed 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EST
- Phone: 1-800-551-2572
- Email: CompMail@aba.com
Experts on Call: Access ABA Experts by Database Look-up
- Go to aba.com to create a user account, if you do not already have one
- Click on the sign in | register link at the top
- Click on register link in the pop up grey box
- Complete and submit site registration form where you create your user name and password – be sure to include your bank domain email address
- ABA will send a confirmation email letting you know your registration is complete
Then, go to aba.com/experts
- Enter your user name and password
- Enter your topic into the text box and click on Search
- The site will return a list of ABA experts with their name, email and phone number
- Email or call the contact with your question