Save the Date for CBA’s 2014 BSA/AML Seminar
June 24 in San Francisco and June 26 in Newport Beach
Bankers are bracing for the start of more severe anti-money laundering exams as regulators rework their standards and prepare to issue another round of guidance tackling the issue. The agencies, notably the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, are feeling the heat as lawmakers blame them for not doing enough to ensure institutions are following anti-money laundering standards. Regulators are likely to make exams tougher for banks of all sizes, though officials have noted the most serious problems have risen at the largest banks.
Our speakers include current and former regulators as well as consultants, bankers and enforcement officers:
- Christy Cornell-Pape, Case Manager-Special Activities, FDIC
- Mark Levy, National Bank Examiner, OCC
- Tom Jorn, Assistant Deputy Comptroller, OCC (Northern CA)
- Lawrence Carter, Assistant Deputy Comptroller, OCC (Southern CA)
- Tom Fleming, former Assistant Director for the Office of Compliance Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN)
- Brendan Brothers, Co-Founder, Verafin
- Fred Casissa, Vice President/Senior Corporate AML Specialist FCRM
- Elizabeth Slim, CAMS, SVP, BSA Officer, 1st Enterprise Bank
- Special Agents of the Department of Homeland Security Investigations
To learn more information about this program or to register online, please click here.