COVID-19 Aftershocks: Communicating Beyond the Crisis
The workshop will cover:
- Lessons learned from past colossal crises
- Outlining an infrastructure to identify and respond to the next round of issues
- Assembling the right team to address and mitigate against further damage
- Preparing timely and clear messaging for staff and customers
- Developing the best channels to communicate during the next crisis
Casey Boggs is a 25-year public relations veteran and founder of two national communications firms, ReputationUs and LT Public Relations. In addition to overseeing business operations, Boggs and the RepUs partner with businesses and nonprofits to enhance, protect and defend their valuable reputations with analytical assessments, strategic planning and any necessary ad hoc support. Boggs is also an international expert on crisis management and cyber security support.
After nearly two decades as a reporter, anchor and producer in print, radio and television journalism (specializing in business and health care reporting), Eileen Korey spent two decades leading organizational communications in health care and academia. She now focuses her communications counsel on helping individuals and organizations build and defend their reputations in the “court of public opinion.” She is a trusted advisor to CEO’s, Boards of Trustees, and organizational leadership, providing counsel that enhances image and strengthens brand.