Managing the Bank’s Investment Portfolio
Description: Managing the Bank’s Investment Portfolio provides participants with the key concepts needed to effectively manage the bank’s portfolio.
Audience: This course is designed for individuals involved in managing the bank’s investment portfolio.
Learning Objectives: After successfully completing this program, you will be able to:
- Identify the key characteristics of common investment instruments
- Calculate the yield on those instruments
- Describe regulatory and accounting restrictions on the bank’s investment portfolio
- Identify all of the elements that should be included in the bank’s investment policy and formulate such a policy
- Compare the benefits and risk of various investment strategies
- Evaluate the comparative return of taxable and tax-exempt securities
- Evaluate total return and option-adjusted spreads on instruments with prepayment risk.
6 weeks / 18 hours
ABA Credit: 1
|Locator Number||Start Date||End Date|
|24894 – MBIP30||03/27/2017||04/28/2017|
|24895 – MBIP31||07/31/2017||09/01/2017|
Bank Management, 8th Edition – Printed Book: Member: $238 / Non-Member: $279