Law and Banking: Applications
Description: This newly updated AIB course reflects the ways that banks do business and how they are affected by laws and regulations — in plain English for the non-lawyer. It is devoted to the basic laws and banking regulations that govern deposit accounts, lending, real estate lending, bankruptcy, non-deposit products and services, international banking, marketing, safety and soundness, and information reporting.
Audience: Personnel who are new to banking or require a refresher course on the legal basis for many banking services and transactions.
Learning Objectives: After successfully completing this program, you will be able to:
- Discuss laws and regulations pertaining to deposit account relationships such as regulations D, E, Q, CC, and DD
- Explain legal protections afforded to consumers by such laws as Equal Credit Opportunity, Fair Housing, and Truth in Lending
- Describe key laws affecting real estate transactions such as RESPA and HOEPA
- Describe provisions of bankruptcy law covering liquidation, rehabilitation, and relief, and the 2005 Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act
- Identify major laws and regulations governing bank trust, securities and insurance activities; marketing and international banking
- Describe major provisions of laws and regulations protecting bank operations such as regulations O and W
- Explain provisions of laws such as HMDA, Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, Financial Privacy and OFAC regulations
* $15.00 shipping fee for materials will be added.
AIB Credit: 3
ACE Credit: 3
|Catalog Number||Start Date||End Date|