Law and Banking: Applications
Description: Law and Banking: Applications reflects the ways that banks do business and how they are affected by laws and regulations — in plain English for the non-lawyer. It is devoted to the basic laws and banking regulations that govern deposit accounts, lending, real estate lending, bankruptcy, non-deposit products and services, international banking, marketing, safety and soundness, and information reporting.
Audience: Personnel who are new to banking or require a refresher course on the legal basis for many banking services and transactions.
Learning Objectives: After successfully completing this program, you will be able to:
- Identify the laws and regulations that protect bank deposits and govern the relationship between a bank and its depositors
- Describe the legal protections provided to borrowers and the rights and responsibilities of banks when they offer credit and make loans
- Identify the laws and regulations that protect borrowers and lenders in real estate transactions and that serve the community interest
- Explain how the asset liquidation and reorganization provisions of bankruptcy law protect the interests of both debtors and creditors
- Describe the legal obligations of banks when they serve in a fiduciary capacity and when they provide insurance and securities products and services
- Discuss how the global trade and investment activities of U.S. banks are affected by both domestic and international law
- Explain laws and regulations that govern bank marketing practices
- Identify the bank safety and soundness laws that help protect bank assets, guard against deposit insurance system losses, and reduce risk in the banking system
- Explain some requirements placed on banks to report financial and customer information to government authorities and the responsibilities placed on banks to ensure safeguards when receiving, using and disclosing customer information
ABA Credit: 3
ACE Credit: In the lower division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 3 semester hours in Business Law.
|Locator Number||Start Date||End Date|
|24883 – LBA108||04/24/2017||08/11/2017|
|24884 – LBA109||07/10/2017||10/27/2017|
Law and Banking, 7th Edition – eBook: Member: $94 / Non-Member: $135
Law and Banking, 7th Edition – Printed Book: Member: $109 / Non-Member: $151