IRA Online Institute
Description: IRA Online Institute is an intensive 12-week course developed and supported by Ascensus’ professional instructors that teaches in-depth, essential IRA information on Traditional IRAs, Roth IRAs, SEP plans, and SIMPLE IRA plans. Ascensus has tailored its premier on-site IRA training so attendees can conveniently access the web-based study material and submit assignments. Students should expect to spend 15-20 hours a week completing the readings and assignments depending on the student’s prior knowledge of IRAs. The Online Institute is an Institute of Certified Bankers-approved educational program for the Certified IRA Services Professional (CISP) designation.
Audience: This course is intended for IRA Services Professionals with one to two years’ experience or for those preparing for the CISP exam.
Learning Objectives: After successfully completing this program, you will be able to:
- Administer both traditional and Roth IRAs and SEP and SIMPLE plans.
- Identify eligibility and set-up requirements for all of these plans
- Administer contributions consistent with contribution limits
- Manage rollovers and transfers
- Administer distributions and required minimum distributions
- Describe beneficiary options and facilitate beneficiary transactions
- Manage error resolution, penalties, and reporting on these accounts
- Identify key elements of successful IRA marketing effort
ICB Credit: 36.75
|Locator Number||Start Date||End Date|
|24879 – IRA29||02/27/2017||05/19/2017|
|24880 – IRA30||09/05/2017||11/24/2017|
There is no separate textbook for this course. All reading materials are posted online the Learning Community for your course.