Introduction to Mortgage Lending
Description: The course covers construction and permanent financing for residential property; real estate law; documentation; mortgage loan servicing; the secondary mortgage market; the role of government in mortgage lending; and residential real estate as an investment. The discussion of underwriting, processing, and servicing will give participants a framework for learning the mortgage lending business and refining their existing knowledge. Additionally, the coverage of laws and regulations affecting mortgage lending provide an understanding of mortgage lending’s history and a glimpse into its future.
Audience: Financial service professionals who want a broad overview of mortgage lending, including those who intend to pursue a career in mortgage lending (business development, underwriting, processing) and those individuals who recently joined a mortgage lending.
Learning Objectives: After successfully completing this program, you will be able to:
- Know why mortgage lending has become important for financial services companies
- Understand the legal aspects of mortgage lending and how lenders should document mortgage loans
- How a lender determines if a mortgage loan application should be approved
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of residential real estate as an investment
* $15.00 shipping fee for materials will be added.
AIB Credit: 3
ACE Credit: 3
|Catalog Number||Start Date||End Date|