Description: General Accounting provides a complete foundation in basic accounting procedures. This course presents the fundamentals of accounting in a practical, up-to-date, and easy-to-comprehend manner. The goal is to provide students with a strong basic knowledge of accounting terms, concepts, and procedures. Emphasis is placed on developing a firm foundation of fundamental procedures with appropriate repetition of content through the use of examples and color-coded illustrations.
Audience: Bank personnel with little or no accounting background at any level and individuals needing a preparatory course for Financial Accounting.
Learning Objectives: After successfully completing this program, you will be able to:
- Understand the basic accounting cycle and define the basic elements used such as asset, liability, owner’s equity, revenue, and expense accounts
- List the steps in the accounting cycle
- Prepare a post-closing trial balance and interim statements
- Understand and perform functions relative to bank accounts and cash funds
- Understand the implications of dealing with employee earnings and deductions, and with employee taxes, payments, and reports
- Prepare a classified income statement and balance sheet, compute working capital and current ratio and journalize closing entries for a business
AIB Credit: 3
ACE Credit: 3
* $15.00 shipping fee for materials is automatically added to fee total online .
|Catalog Number||Start Date||End Date|